Play Tea: Sugar Cubes and Lemon Slices

Wednesday, March 26, 2014
Here's part two of three of a birthday gift I'm working on for Blythe.  There is a tea party involved in this one.  I try to make gifts based on books.  I posted about the little fabric tea bags I made yesterday with some scraps I had left over from a quilt.  I usually toss fabric this small, so this was the perfect solution.  I decided every good tea service has lemon and sugar cubes.
I took some felt (yellow and white) and cut out some lemon shapes.  Here is a free template for those.
 I then sewed them all together, but you could use fabric glue as well.
 Finished....
 For the cubes, I bought some little wood squares at the craft store in the unfinished wood section.  They have these in all sizes.  You could paint them white, or even get some glittery white paint.  I used what I had on hand.  I sprayed them white, then sprayed them with glue and rolled them in glitter.
 Finished...
 Every great project includes a little glitter.  This also applies for all work projects.
 Here is the finished set.  For now.  There will be more.  Soon.

1 comment

Unknown said...

this is awesome!