Carrot Cake Cupcakes

Saturday, March 15, 2008

I had a carrot cake a few years ago that was to die for...I've wanted to find a recipe that taste as good since then...but I'm still on the hunt. In the mean time. I made these today (it's my turn to bring dessert for bible study, so I figured I'd do something seasonal). They are really moist. I turned it into a cupcake instead of a cake recipe....
Preheat oven 325 degrees. Grease and flour a pan.
In a bowl mix:
2 c. all-purpose flour
2 t. baking powder
1 1/2 t. baking soda
1 t. salt
2 1/2 t. cinnamon
In a second bowl mix together:
4 eggs
3/4 c. veg oil
3/4 c. unsweetened applesauce
2 c. white sugar
Beat in flour mixture then add:
2 3/4 c. shredded carrots
8 oz can of crushed pineapple, drained
3/4 c. chopped walnuts
1 c. flaked coconut
Bake 35-40 minutes (25 minutes for cupcakes)
Icing:
(I halved this recipe when I made it for the cupcakes)
16 oz of cream cheese
2 sticks of butter (1 cup)
8 c. of powdered sugar (2 lbs)
2 T. of milk

No comments